Friday, July 16, 2010

Airport Bound

I had my last day of work today. It was sad leaving everyone! I am really going to miss Ghana! Last night I had dinner and cake with my host family (and Fiona, an honorary member :). Even Felix and his wife came over, and Violet, Emmanuel's twin, was home from school, so I got to meet her for the first time. They made me a dress and skirt and even wrapped it. So nice! I also am coming back with a dress for my mom, and they're sending one for my sister with Fiona, because Elizabeth didn't want to leave anyone out. She is adorable! I woke up at 3:30 a.m. this morning with the rest of the house to get packed and say my goodbyes. Needless to say, I am exhausted! Then they called me their favorite taxi driver to take all of my stuff to the Mizzou guesthouse before work. Elizabeth even called the driver this afternoon to make sure he was taking us to the right station-- taking care of me even after I leave! I will definitely have to visit if I ever make it back to Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment